Shared Decision Making
Click here to visit Evidence Based Birth online For the most up to date and unbiased evidence based information. This site provides a wealth of knowledge that will help guide you to make empowered and educated decisions for you and your family.
Click here to visit Spinning Babies online Learn about the popular approach helping women find comfort in pregnancy, optimal fetal positioning, and ease in birth.
Answers to Your Whys
why a midwife?
- Midwifery Model of Care
- Decreased risk of needing a cesarean
- Reduced rate of induction/augmentation
- Reduced use of anesthesia
- Decreased infant mortality rates
- Decreased risk of preterm birth
- Decreased 3rd/4th degree perineal tears
- Lower costs for both clients and insurers
- Increased rates of initiation and prolonged breastfeeding
- Better satisfaction with quality of care
why a planned homebirth?
- Lower rates of Maternal Morbidity
- Lower rates of Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Lower rates of perineal lacerations
- Lower rates of interventions
- Lower rates of Cesarean Birth
- Higher rates of Satisfaction
- Comfortable Environment
- We come to you
- You are in control of your experience
- Eat and Drink as you desire
why a waterbirth?
- Higher rates of spontaneous vaginal birth
- Better chance of birthing with an intact perineum
- Decrease/Elimination in episiotomies
- Lower rates of 3rd/4th degree perineal lacerations
- Lower pain rating from mothers
- Decrease in Postpartum blood loss and higher Hemoglobin rates after birth
- Safe for moms and babies